Audible’s Surreal Journey Through the Power of Audiobooks
TV Commercial Review
Heart or Humor
Audible is taking listeners on a journey not just through stories, but into the heart of imagination itself, in a thrilling new commercial highlighting audiobooks’ immersive power.
In this enchanting advertisement, a woman explores a surreal universe, a universe entirely conjured up by the power of her imagination and brought to life by the stories she listens to on Audible. As viewers, we are immediately drawn into this dreamlike narrative, with the film opening to a breathtaking scene of the woman nonchalantly perched on the wing of an airplane, thousands of feet up in the air.
But the journey doesn’t stop there. Mirroring the variety and expanse of Audible‘s vast library, the woman seamlessly transitions between the various lives and worlds unfolding in her ears. The visual interpretation of the stories she listens to cleverly darts between the every day and the extraordinary, underlining the transformative potential of a captivating story.
One moment of the commercial that stands out for its bold visual inventiveness sees her navigating a gravity-defying staircase. This stunning sequence pays homage to the iconic scenes in the modern sci-fi classic ‘Inception’, adding a touch of cinematic grandeur to the narrative.
- Creative Presentation: The ad uses surreal visuals to capture the experience of listening to an audiobook, effectively conveying how immersive and transformative it can be. It’s an innovative and appealing way to demonstrate the product.
- Wide Appeal: The commercial appeals to a broad audience by showcasing different genres and experiences, demonstrating that Audible offers something for everyone, regardless of their specific tastes.
- Quality Production: The high production value, with references to pop culture classics like ‘Inception,’ adds credibility and professionalism to the ad. It shows that Audible is a premium service.
- Surrealism Might Be Confusing: The surreal, dream-like visuals could confuse some viewers who might not immediately understand the connection between the visuals and Audible’s service.
- Lack of Specific Product Information: The ad does a good job selling the experience of using Audible, but it doesn’t provide much specific information about the service itself, like price, content library, or unique features.
- Risk of Overpromising: The commercial creates an extremely high expectation for the experience of using Audible. If customers’ actual experiences don’t match these expectations, they may end up disappointed.
Through the captivating scenarios and the woman’s easy transitions between them, the commercial pays a fascinating tribute to the immersive power of a good book. In fact, it amplifies the experience by emphasizing an audiobook’s unique intimacy- a narrative delivered directly into one’s ears by a charismatic voiceover.
The creative minds behind the commercial, the Fridman Sisters, have truly outdone themselves with this project. They masterfully toe the line between fantasy and reality, providing just enough grounding to make the viewer believe that anything could indeed be possible with the right book – or, in this case, the right audiobook.
Overall, the commercial is a beautiful testament to the transformative power of storytelling and the limitless worlds that Audible can unlock. Its central message is clear – with Audible, the imagination can explore, dream, and live a thousand lives, one story at a time.
Power of storytelling