Watch the M&S 2023 Christmas Commercial – video
TV Commercial Review
Heart or Humor
This holiday season, M&S Food invites you to a Christmas ad experience that’s as stuffed with stars as their turkey is with stuffing. In a six-part ad series of M&S 2023 Christmas Commercials that’s more blockbuster than a bauble, M&S has rolled out the red carpet for a fairy and her new pals, The Mittens, voiced by none other than Hollywood’s dynamic duo, Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.
- Memorable (95/100): With a fairy and Hollywood stars, this ad is like a Christmas stocking – impossible to forget once you’ve peeked inside.
- Effective (90/100): It’s a full sleigh of effectiveness, with M&S Food’s festive offerings taking center stage.
- Style (88/100): The addresses the M&S Food range in a tinsel of Hollywood charm, making it stylishly irresistible.
- Heart & Humor (94/100): The heartstrings aren’t just tugged; they’re given a Hollywood-worthy yank. The ad tickles the funny bone with a gentle nudge of wit, thanks to the playful banter between the characters.
- Execution (92/100): With seamless animation and star-studded voiceovers, the execution is as smooth as M&S’s gravy.
- Did you know the M&S Wrexham Food store opening coincides with the ad launch? Talk about perfect timing!
- The ad series will reach a whopping 98% of UK adults. That’s nearly everyone who’s dreaming of a Christmas.
- M&S’s partnership with Wrexham AFC is a first in their storied history. It’s like finding a golden ticket in your Christmas pudding!
M&S 2023 Christmas Commercial Pros And Cons
- Star-Studded Voices: Dawn French, Ryan Reynolds, and Rob McElhenney bring a sprinkle of stardust to the ad, making it a celestial Christmas treat.
- Festive Feasting: The ad is a visual feast, showcasing M&S’s mouth-watering Christmas range that’ll have you drooling faster than you can say, “Pass the cranberry sauce.”
- Community Spirit: The ad’s tie-in with Wrexham AFC and local community support is like the cherry on the Christmas cake.
- Too Much Glitz? With so much star power, could the ad overshadow the real stars – the food? Nah, we didn’t think so either.
- Waiting for More: It’s a six-part series, so there’s a cliffhanger. Who can wait for dessert?
- High Expectations: With last year’s success, the bar is set high. Can the following ads keep up the momentum? We’re betting our last mince pie they can.
M&S’s Christmas Commercial 2023 is a festive fairy tale that’s been Hollywood-ized. With Dawn French leading the charm offensive and Reynolds and McElhenney voicing the most adorable mittens since Frosty’s hands got cold, this ad series promises to be the gift that keeps giving. It’s a Christmas cracker of a campaign that will have everyone talking – and eating – to New Year’s Eve.
All M&S Christmas Commercials 2023:
AD ONE – Launch – 2nd Nov (60 sec) – updated
AD TWO – Gifting – 13th Nov (30 sec)
AD THREE – Party Food – 20th Nov (30 sec)
AD FOUR – Big Day – 14th Dec (30 sec)
AD FIVE – Dessert – 17th Dec (30 sec)
AD SIX – NYE – 26th Dec (30 sec)”
A banquet of joy!
Hollywood meets holiday magic.