Apple iPhone 15 Pro ad – On with the Show
In this commercial
TV Commercial Review
Heart or Humor
A blend of humor and cinematic flair
A Cinematic Ode to Hollywood
Apple has a long-standing tradition of creating ads that are not just promotional but also serve as a testament to creativity and innovation. From the iconic “1984” Super Bowl commercial to the memorable “Shot on iPhone” campaign, Apple ads have consistently pushed the boundaries of advertising, blending technology with artistry.
The 2023 Apple Commercial
This year, Apple has released a dazzling commercial that is a tribute to Hollywood’s filmmaking process. Set to a new rendition of Irving Berlin’s “There’s No Business Like Show Business,” the ad showcases the diverse roles in film production, from directors to makeup artists, all while highlighting the iPhone 15 Pro’s capabilities as a filmmaking tool.
- Memorable: 92/100 – The ad’s homage to Hollywood and its catchy soundtrack make it highly memorable.
- Effective: 95/100 – Effectively showcases the iPhone 15 Pro’s features in a practical, industry-relevant context.
- Style: 90/100 – Stylishly executed with a blend of humor and cinematic flair.
- Heart/Humor: 85/100 – The ad’s light-hearted approach to a professional setting adds charm.
- Execution: 93/100 – Brilliantly executed, demonstrating the product’s features within a creative narrative.
Pros and Cons
- Creatively integrates product features into a real-world filmmaking scenario.
- Engaging and entertaining, appealing to both industry professionals and general audiences.
- The use of a classic Hollywood song adds a nostalgic yet fresh touch.
- The focus on industry-specific features might not resonate as strongly with non-professional consumers.
- The ad’s high-tech focus could overshadow the iPhone’s more everyday uses.