Acura ad 2023 – A Thrill Ride Across Multiverse
TV Commercial Review
Heart or Humor
Created by the advertising agency Mullenlowe Los Angeles, the new Acura ad 2023 showcases Acura’s 2024 Integra Type S driven by anime racing hero Chiaki, of Chiaki’s Journey fame, as well as the all-electric Acura Precision EV.
Dave Meyers directed the film. The music of the advert is the song Live Wire by Mötley Crüe.
There are six dynamic worlds within the campaign’s Acura multiverse:
- Future-verse: 2023 TLX Type S, the best-performing Acura sedan ever, and the all-new, next-gen 2023 Integra compact sports sedan challenge a hyper-futuristic tech world.
- Joneses-verse: 2023 MDX Type S, the performance variant of Acura’s flagship, is front and center, accelerating through a world of similarity – it is so much more than keeping up with the Joneses.
- Lunar-verse: 2023 RDX, Acura’s most premium, performance-focused, and technologically sophisticated 5-passenger SUV ever, prepares for launch.
- Anime-verse: Acura’s favorite anime racing hero, Chiaki, and the 2024 Integra Type S charge up a snowy Pikes Peak Hill Climb. The high-performance Integra Type S arrives this summer.
- Racer-verse: Powering through the live-action racing universe is Acura’s new ARX-06 electrified race car that debuts in competition later this month at the 24 Hours of Daytona, seeking a three-peat victory.
- EV-verse: The Acura ad 2023 multiverses converge, and their Acura energy culminates in a spark that unlocks the stunning futuristic world of the Acura Precision EV Concept, which previews the performance brand’s future design language as it prepares to enter the electrified era in 2024 with the ZDX and ZDX Type S SUVs.
Acura ad 2023 credits
Creative Agency: Mullenlowe Los Angeles
Executive Creative Directors: Laura Sampedro, Carlos Alija
Creative Director: Ty Hayward
ACDs, Art: Alex Haase
Art Directors: Mary Nowels, Gabby Grubb
VP, Head of Integrated Production: Kate Hildebrant
Executive Producer: Amy Jo Deguzis
SVP, Group Account Director: Jeff Mayes
VP, Group Account Director: Nicole Neopolitan
Account Director: Kylie Mugg
Account Supervisor: Joe Litwak
Account Executive: Rebecca Atniel
VP, Product Director: Curtis Millward
Director, Project Management: Kemit McCullough
Associate Director, Project Management: Genie Lara
VP Director of Business Affairs: Davina Turnbull
Senior Business Affairs Manager: Heidi Clemens
Business Affairs Manager: Valerie Neibel
Business Affairs Assistant: Maddie Kercheval
Social Stills Photographer: Michael Marcheco
Production Company: Radical Media
Director: Dave Meyers
President: Frank Scherma
SVP/Head of Commercials/EP: Jim Bouvet
Line Producer: Colin Moran
Wardrobe Designer: Courtney Stern
DoP: Scott Cunningham
1st AssIstant Director: Kenny Taylor
Production Supervisor: Yvonne Ortiz
VFX Supervisor: Jan Malíř
Assistant to VFX Supervisor: Zdeněk Machuta
Producer: Štěpán Kříž:
Project Coordinator: Jan Staněk
Art Director: Martin Smékal
Art Director: Thomas Scarlett
Color Grading: Pavel Marko
3D Lead Artist: Alexander Muller
2D Lead Artist: Milan Hotárek
Editing Company: Yeti Editorial
Lead Editor: Emile Doucette
Executive Producer: Aubrey Hayden
Finishing Company: JAMM
Executive Producer: Asher Edwards
Flame Artist: Tim Miller
Producer: Lauren Johnson
Coordinator: Anne-Marie DePauw
Sound Design + Mix Company: Source Sound Inc.
Supervising Sound Designer + Mixer: Charles Deenen
Sound Design: James Evans, Dominik Ragnacik