Saint Laurent 2023 ad – Fall
TV Commercial Review
Heart or Humor
Good fashion advert
In high fashion, few names resonate as powerfully as Saint Laurent. Their latest offering, “SAINT LAURENT – FALL 2023,” directed by Gray Sorrenti and conceptualized by Anthony Vaccarello, is a testament to the brand’s enduring allure and ability to seamlessly blend the worlds of music and fashion.
The video spans just over a minute and is a poetic journey that delves into the speaker’s profound love for music. As the narrative unfolds, we’re transported to a desolate city street, where the allure of music serves as an escape from reality. The protagonist’s wanderings lead them to the river’s edge, a place of reflection and wonder. Here, amidst the dark waters, they spot sailboat idols, symbolizing a deeper connection to the world around them.
The cast is stellar, featuring icons like Zoë Kravitz, Rosé, Hailey Bieber, Kate Moss, and many more. With their unique charisma, each individual adds a layer of depth to the narrative, making it a visual treat.
The soundtrack, provided by Arsun, complements the film’s moody aesthetics. It’s a melodic backdrop that enhances the overall ambiance, immersing the viewing experience.
- Star-studded Cast: Including renowned personalities like Zoë Kravitz and Rosé adds a touch of glamour and allure to the campaign.
- Cinematic Quality: Gray Sorrenti’s direction ensures that the video is not just an advertisement but a cinematic experience.
- Strong Narrative: The emphasis on music as an escape and the journey of self-discovery is a compelling narrative that resonates with many.
- Duration: With just over a minute runtime, the video might feel too brief for some, leaving them wanting more.
- Niche Appeal: The high-fashion, artistic approach might not resonate with a broader audience looking for a more straightforward advertisement.
- Ambiguity: Some viewers might find the narrative a bit abstract, making it challenging to decipher the core message.
Full cast: Zoë Kravitz, Rosé, Hailey Bieber, Kate Moss, Shalom Harlow, Alek Wek, Amber Valletta, Steve Lacy, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Dominic Fike, Sami Slimane, Anson Boon, Béatrice Dalle, Laura Harrier, Moncef Farfar, Anja Rubik & Mica Argañaraz