GEICO’s new MLB-themed commercials featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
In this commercial
TV Commercial Review
Heart or Humor
Lighthearted and funny
GEICO is back with two new commercials featuring MLB legend Ken Griffey Jr. The first, “Concessions,” argues that vendors belong in the ballpark, not your home. The second, “Umpire,” explores the awkwardness of living next to a judgmental neighbor, especially if you’re Ken Griffey Jr. and your neighbor is umpire Jim Joyce.
- Star Power: Ken Griffey Jr.’s presence adds a layer of credibility and interest, especially for baseball fans.
- Humor: Both commercials are lighthearted and funny, aligning well with GEICO’s brand personality.
- Relatability: The “Umpire” ad, in particular, taps into the universal experience of dealing with judgmental neighbors, making it relatable to a broad audience.
- Limited Product Focus: While entertaining, the ads could do more to highlight GEICO’s insurance offerings and benefits.
- Niche Appeal: The baseball theme might not resonate with non-fans, limiting the ads’ reach.
GEICO’s latest commercials are a mixed bag. While they score on humor and star power, they could improve in terms of product focus and broader appeal. Whether these ads will become memorable entries in GEICO’s advertising playbook remains to be seen.