Funny Tide commercial ft Kumail Nanjiani
TV Commercial Review
Heart or Humor
You’re gonna need more Tide
Tide’s latest ad, “You’re Gonna Need More Tide,” is a witty and creative masterpiece that leans into internet memes while showcasing the brand’s newest offering, Tide Power Pods. Starring the hilarious and talented Kumail Nanjiani, the Funny Tide commercial takes viewers on a journey through a series of messy, real-life scenarios that will inevitably require the powerful cleaning capabilities of Tide.
Nanjiani’s dry wit and impeccable comedic timing shine as he is digitally inserted into various scenes of people getting dirty, from a peanut-butter-covered baby to a Sonic employee dropping blue slush into a customer’s car. The ad spot brilliantly combines humor, relatability, and cultural relevance to create a memorable and engaging experience for viewers.
The creative minds at Saatchi & Saatchi New York have developed a campaign that entertains and effectively communicates the superior cleaning power of Tide Power Pods.
- Cultural Relevance: The ad effectively taps into internet culture and embraces the meme-driven content that resonates with today’s audience, making it appealing and relevant to many viewers.
- Humor: Kumail Nanjiani’s dry wit and comedic timing bring humor to the ad, making it entertaining and enjoyable to watch, increasing the likelihood of viewers remembering and sharing the content.
- Innovative Approach: The campaign’s focus on user-generated content and social media engagement showcases Tide’s understanding of the importance of digital platforms and the need to interact with their audience modern and innovatively.
- Controversial Association: The ad’s focus on internet memes could be controversial. This association might not sit well with some viewers.
- Target Demographic: While the ad appeals to a younger, internet-savvy audience, it might not resonate as well with older demographics who may not be familiar with internet memes and viral moments.
- Overemphasis on Entertainment: The entertaining nature of the ad might distract some viewers from the primary message – the superior cleaning power of Tide Power Pods. This could potentially lead to less focus on the product’s benefits.
Conclusion – a funny Tide commercial
Tide’s approach to marketing, including its focus on social media content like shareable memes, videos, and gifs, invites users to engage with the brand on a deeper level. The campaign’s dedication to fostering user-generated content is a testament to the brand’s understanding of the power of internet culture.
Kudos to Saatchi & Saatchi NY, Stink Films, Cartel, The Mill, Harbor, and Pickle Music for their excellent work on this campaign. With “You’re Gonna Need More Tide,” Tide has once again raised the bar in the world of funny advertising.
Agency: Saatchi & Saatchi NY
Production company: Stink Films
VFX: The Mill
Music re-arrangement: Pickle Music